Welcome back protocols
We are delighted to see you again and are looking forward to your visit.
Our top priority is the safety of our patients and our team so you will see that we have changed the way things are done in order to take the very best care of you.
Please take time to read the following before you come.
Always call before you visit
Please telephone to make an appointment for any reason, if you arrive without prior booking, we may not be able to see you.
We will also have to ask you a few questions about your visit.
Our door will be locked when you arrive
Rest assured we will be open, but we will have to control the number of people in the practice at any one time.
When you arrive we will ask you to…
- Use the hand sanitiser as you enter our practice
- Answer a few general health questions to confirm you have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms
- Come on your own We have to keep the number of people in the building to an absolute minimum
- Come to us before you do any shopping. Lots of bags will make our work to keep the practice clean and safe a lot harder
- Wear a mask for the duration of your visit, if you don’t have one of your own, we will be happy to provide one
- Maintain a safe separation from everyone wherever possible. We will limit the number of people in the practice to ensure that you are never crowded.
- Whenever possible please remember to maintain a 2-metre separation from everyone as you move from one space to another.
- Pay with a card
In the Consulting Room
Please wash / sanitise your hands again on entering the consulting room
As part of your examination we will have to be quite close for short periods of time, and we will minimise the risks inherent in this by keeping periods of closer contact to absolute minimum
We will be using new technology to examine the inside of your eyes in minute detail, so we won’t have to get as close to you as we used to.
Many of you will be delighted to know that we will not be using the “puff of air” test to check your eye pressure. We have a new method which does not cause aerosol droplets to be produced
When choosing frames
We will invite you to wash your hands before trying on frames
Ask us to pass you the frames that you would like to try
Once you have tried a frame pass it back to us rather than put it back on the display
Each frame will be sanitised after it has been tried on before going back on display
Please remember to maintain a safe separation when browsing
We look forward to seeing you soon,
All the team at Stephen Rea Opticians